The Borough of Malvern is celebrating 125 years since its incorporation in 1889. On the Trolley Tour (sponsored by the Malvern Historical Commission, Malvern Borough and the Paoli Battlefield Preservation Fund) 444 passengers rode past historic sites within the Borough — including our office building, The original Malvern Firehouse.
For the afternoon and evening of August 7, 2014, we stepped back in time with this parked out front:
The wait is over and the Borough of Malvern is starting to grow up with the new Eastside Flats mixed-use buildings coming to completion and filling with tenants. ARCUS Design Group is the architect for the first new restaurant to hit the Borough in years. Christopher’s – A Neighborhood Place – Malvern is the second restaurant for Owners Chris and Molly Todd as they expand from their original downtown Wayne location.
The new restaurant was designed to create brand recognition with the loyal, regular customers of the Wayne location, while taking a fresh, contemporary approach to nestle into the framework of the new retail complex. Utilizing clear maple, brick and the familiar zinc bar top, the more intimate bar area remains open to the large dining room, creating a total of 100 seats. The pedestrian friendly broad sidewalks allow for outdoor dining, seating 30 additional patrons al fresco.